Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nanka Shiawase

Happiness has always been an abstract concept, at the very least for me. Happiness has been defined in such parameter that it made it troublesome as an average person to grasp it, as if we're talking about such a complicated matter. But then again, is happiness not a complicated matter? If you asked the people that surrounds you what is happiness for them? When do they feel happy? What will make them feel happy? I dare to make a bet that abundant answers might come forth from those you've surveyed.

Some might mentions having wealth that won't require them to work anymore, or having enough money to go anywhere they would like, better still owning a whole block of housing so you won't fear that your offspring of not knowing where to live :P. Some others might answer by saying that having a successful career, or having a job that is the passion of ones life. Try asking a homeless and he might say that all he want is a good meal and a place he could call home. Others might have answered that being with the one you love and being able to cherish it is what is called as true happiness.

Question would be which one of those could actually be referred as true happiness? Do we have the right to assert that ones definition is the truest amongst all the others? Even if we did, how would we be able to measure happiness, do we have enough tools to quantify in what condition were we happy and were happy most? I guess that's not my task to think off, I'll let all the psychiatrist and the psychologist to think of it. Well they're paid to come up with something don't they?


When should we say enough is enough? That when we have achieved so much in life that we can tell ourselves that we are happy. That our pursuit of happiness should stop. Can we do that? Often people gain so much along the way that they forgot what was their true goal in the first place. But then again, what is the happiness that we are all searching for?

Pursuit of Happiness
I guess my subjective and relative petty thought won't be able to answer that, for the due time. In the future? Who knows. Regardless of that I know I feel happy that I'm able to enjoy my meal three times a day. I'm happy that I have a work, even though I hate it to an extent, I'm still fortunate enough to be employed, luckier than the other two millions of people who belongs to the unemployed group in this country that I live in. I'm happy that I'm still able to afford a roof over my head, compared to the homeless living in the park. I'm happy that I'm blessed with a fully functional body where all my limbs are still intact and working properly. I'm happy that I have a circle of "nakama" who I can depend whenever I need the help and support. last but not least I'm grateful that I was blessed with family who raised me to be who I am, especially for having a mom like my Mother.

Trough and trough I might not be able to conclude whether this happiness of mine is pseudo or false sense of happiness or the true essence of happiness. Who am I to assert it. But for the present, I believe that this feelings are the one referred as happiness, at the very least for myself. But then again sometimes being happy is not enough. We also needs to be grateful that we are bestowed with what we ourselves referred to as happiness..

"Nanka shiawase Chotto shiawase
 Kanjiru toki koso shiawase no hajimari
 Nanka yukesou Umaku yukesou
 Fumidasu ippo de subete kaete yukeru ne"

 Quoted from the song Nanka Shiawase - Oystars
One of my true happiness is to meet you, know you and fall for you. For whatever it's worth I thank Allah for giving me a chance to get to know you. I love you my dearest...

a.n. I decided to brought this out from my old lair, it deserves to be placed here then to let it rot there :P

No comments:

Post a Comment