Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Lesson Learned

Log post day 365 year 3 2130 hrs 

It's been a long while since I've returned to this place of mine. There were plans and notes to be completed into entry, but as usual each one of them ideas were flushed down the drain. The reason was simple and no other than my procrastination. LOL, sue me, I am a well known CPA, Certified Procrastinating Arch. Does that make sense? No, I don't believe so, but who cares LOL.

The end of the year brought me back here, to jolt down some left unfinished business or if I may say, a lesson learned.

Somewhere around month 3 year 1, a big turn around took event. To put it simply, I lost something important in my life. This entry will not be about me bitching on the lost. It will be more of a lesson which I learned from the event. Not on the lost, no, more on the stupidity which took place after that. The labile guy that I am, I took my woes, sorrows, and introspection to the net.

I have always seen my personal sphere on the net as a place to express myself, in whatever mood may I be. Nonetheless, I avoided bringing up personal problems on it. What's in the closet stay in the closet, though that can't be lumped with me bitching about work. Getting back to the topic, what I posted was quotations from the holy Qur'an. Reminders of how I long to change, to retrospect on the wrongs I've done during the period. Still, it somehow pissed some netizens off. Coincidentally those pissed off netizens were people who knew to an extent what I experienced. Whether they understand the problem holistically, I know not. But what I know that in the end one of them pissed me off so bad, I've decided to unfriend the jerk. Simply put, I was alleged of trying to feign being pious, of faking my self. I'm not proud to say that I'm not a pious person, still, it annoys me more that the person was not even putting an effort or trying to put their arse in my shoe. What I intended as a method to retrospect and somehow let out them pent emotion, went the other way round. It simply made me more fed up. LOL.

So what's the lesson learned from it? Don't express personal problems on your personal sphere on the net. Let me tell you a secret, that personal sphere is not a personal, it's public. When it's in public sphere, public find it their right and their responsibility of judging whatever you express. LOL. Some of them might try to put themselves in our shoes, some others just serve the critics because they believe they can. Of course there's always people who will comment from the heart but that's not the point.

 The point was always and would still always be that it's better to solve the problems instead of laundering them in public. Especially personal problems and complains. The web is a vast area, where people were connected. People with different views and perceptions and problems. Bemoaning your problems on the web anonymously might somehow attracts the wrong crowd. A pun intended to a certain person might vex another person who thought it was directed at them. You'll never know when people might be taking a swipe at you for a pun intended to others, furthermore a complain or a shout of personal problems.

In a nutshell, you can say that I've learned my trade. As much as I want to vent and let out them problems, I've learned that it's better not to let it run loose in the net. As much as I want to let somebody know that I might have a problem with them, it's better off to address them directly then taking the IT highway. Trust me, the person will take it better and appreciates it.

Truthfully, at times it pains me when I read people's status and ponders whether it was directed to me or not. It might be, it might be not. In the end you'll never know unless the person is willing to tell you. Or.... you can always ask... and live trough the awkwardness LOL



It's gonna be 4 years in a matters of minutes...


Log post day 365 year 3 2245 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment